Our beautiful property at 245 E. Jackson St. is a rectangular, clay-brick building that was formerly used as a fruit and vegetable storage warehouse. Built between the years 1931 and 1937, the warehouse has since undergone various evolutions.
Initially built as a cold storage warehouse, historical aerial photographs suggest that the building was used as a warehouse and distribution facility up until 1997, when the surrounding paved area was converted into a parking lot for standard-sized vehicles. As the adjacent “Alice Cooperstown” restaurant and bar first opened in December 1998, it is likely that the warehouse at 245 E. Jackson also underwent conversion to retail/restaurant use during this time.
In March of 2011, the Phoenix New Times reported on the re-opening of “Jackson’s on 3rd,” a restaurant and bar featuring considerable outdoor space.
In October 2014, we and our design team, LGE Design Build, began an extensive renovation project on the warehouse, working long and hard to convert the building into what you see today. During this renovation, much of the building’s outdoor area was enclosed, resulting in a 5,000-square-foot increase in habitable space. Although clay brick was utilized throughout the addition, the original warehouse structure remains clearly distinguishable.
We completed our renovation in 2015 and are pleased to now host distinguished corporate events in the heart of Phoenix.